Curettage of periodontal pockets in Kherson
Periodontal pocket – refers to pathological formations between the tissues of the tooth and the gums, as a result of impaired epithelial attachment. This condition contributes to a change in the structure of tissues around the periodontium and requires professional intervention when the size of the gingival pockets reaches 4-5 mm (with a norm of 3 mm). In the resulting space, pathogenic microflora and the smallest food debris accumulate, which contributes to the development of inflammatory processes and a gradual increase in distance. This condition is a pathology and must be treated. In dentistry, curettage of the gums of periodontal pockets is used for this, otherwise the disease will progress, which will lead to more serious consequences.
When is curettage performed?
The procedure is prescribed in the following cases:
- poor oral hygiene contributes to the formation of plaque and calculus, which lead to inflammation and an increase in the periodontal space;
- inflammatory processes (most often gingivitis), transferred to the periodontium;
- damage to soft tissues due to various injuries and bad habits of chewing on various objects;
- decrease in the protective abilities of the immune system.
It is recommended to check the condition of the teeth and the presence of a gum pocket when there is a regular bleeding of the gums, all kinds of inflammation, the teeth began to loosen, and there is an unpleasant odor from the mouth. One or more symptoms – this is a reason to immediately consult a doctor for the treatment and maintenance of the functionality, health and beauty of the teeth. In the initial stages of the disease, therapeutic measures may consist of more gentle methods, which are cheaper, more economical and cause less discomfort. Therefore, it is recommended to visit the dentist at least twice a year for a preventive examination and professional oral hygiene.
Stages of curettage
- antiseptic treatment of the oral cavity;
- application of a cooling gel;
- removal of tartar from the surface of the teeth and under the gums;
- teeth grinding;
- final antibacterial treatment.
The cost of the procedure in a dental clinic in Kherson allows you to quickly and painlessly carry out the necessary complex of therapeutic measures for deep cleaning of periodontal pockets. For this, modern devices and instruments are used, and the doctors performing the procedure have rich practical experience. This allows us to guarantee the best prices for the entire range of dental services in the city.
Types of curettage
The operation is carried out in two ways:
- closed curettage – applicable when the space does not exceed 4-5 mm. Dental instruments and ultrasound apparatus are used;
- open curettage – used if the periodontal space is higher than 4-5 mm. The procedure consists of cutting the gums and cleaning the pathological area from inflamed or necrotic tissues. It can be combined with plastic surgery of the gums. The use of a laser is possible.
To sign up for a free consultation, curettage or other dental surgery – call our managers and choose a convenient time to visit the clinic.
Rehabilitation period after curettage
After the procedure, teeth mobility may be felt for several days, their sensitivity will increase and a slight swelling will appear. You do not need to eat for 2 hours, and until the site of exposure has completely healed, take soft, non-acidic, spicy, cold or hot foods. After eating, rinse your mouth with the solutions prescribed by your doctor and brush your teeth with a soft-bristled brush.